How to Start a Team Blog
Team blogs are a good way to spread new ideas and get a bigger “regular” audience for your thoughts. They can also be a discussion forum for new suggestions. What do you have to consider before starting one?
- Think of what purpose the blog is going to serve. Idea exchanging, talking about the world situation or what? Plus, what’s the blog’s subject?
- Choose a blogging platform. Are you planning to go online big time or is a free service enough? What features does the blog require: categories, Trackback, comment moderating?
- Blogsome.com and Blogger.com are some free platforms that will get your team blog started (Blogger doesn’t offer categories, though.)
- Decide the blogging guidelines, especially if you’re working/studying inside some institution: you shouldn’t write about people’s private lives or some corporate secrets, for example.
- How are you going to handle commenting: is everyone able to comment, are you going to check them before showing them? Comment moderation might be a good thing if the subject is a sensitive one.
- Create some categories, ask some members to join and start blogging! It’s really fun when you get used to it.